Saturday, July 24, 2010

explosions in the sky

Not referring to the band, but they are good as well. :)

tonight Blake and I spent the evening watching comedy shows, various sports knockouts and prison/gangland stories on the television at his grandmother's house. We were pet sitting for her while she is on vacation, perhaps to a Basque festival if I remember correctly.

I love walking around her house and seeing all the Basque pictures, books and cultural items on the walls and sitting around. It makes me smile and feel quite at home for some reason. I'm not Basque, of course. I just enjoy the feeling of home...in someone else's home...? Does that make sense? In either case...It was nice.

After a quiet evening in, we drove back from Bremerton around 10:00 pm and happened upon the fireworks show that was on display in downtown Silverdale. Blake took the exit just before our usual exit to get home, just so I could see the fireworks show while we drove. It was so beautiful. He held my hand while we drove and I got to watch the finale while we were sitting at a red light right next to the Whaling Days fireworks area.

Watching fireworks with my Blake is by far one of my favorite little things I've experienced in life so far.


We don't get the opportunity often, but when we do it leaves me feeling floaty and smiling...like this :}

He is currently getting ready to leave for work, so I suppose I will kiss him goodnight and continue to occupy myself with updating my blog after he is off.

-jacki

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of you posting "the little things", y'know? Go with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I was thinking I'd like to keep this blog positive since my last blogs were all places I maintained for bitching and whining. I think that's why I was having trouble finding the motivation to write in this. I was used to negative energy on blogs haha. This is a very happy time in my life and I'd like some place to share it :)

    And everyone can appreciate the little things in life, it reminds them of their own simple pleasures!

    ReplyDelete