Thursday, July 29, 2010

playing catch up

boy it's been a long week. Working lots, and spending some time with family. I'll try my best to recap what went on. Each day I meant to update on this thing, but I was always too tired or just didn't feel like it. haha. Oh well. Here it goes:

My kid sister, Jenne, came to visit over the weekend to celebrate my dad's 57th birthday. I spent the 24th, which is my dad's actual birth date, enjoying the company of my sisters. We went to the mall, cruised around, ran some errands which lead us to Costco to pick up our contact lenses. While doing so, my older sister, Ethelyn, made a hypnotizing discovery.


Apparently, Costco is THE place to be to enjoy Matthew Bellamy and Muse on at least 12 screens in HD. She was quite pleased. Mesmerized, even.


After enjoying the sun and finishing our errands we rented an awful movie, which I won't even dignify with an explanation. And Jenne made us a delicious meal. :)



Pasta dinners and funny/terrible/juicy movies are a great way to spend time with my goofy sisters.

The following day we went to lunch at Bainbridge Island Thai, just me, my two sisters and mom and dad. Shortly after we enjoyed a sunny afternoon at Fay Bainbridge park, where dad wanted to "sleep by the water"

We thought he meant by the beach, but it was too hot and a little crowded. But dad's a man of simple pleasures. He made it work.



:) Family. What a nice time.

More later,
currently I am enjoying a calm evening in loafing around with Blake. :)

life is good.

-jacki

1 comment:

  1. Those pictures of Ethelyn and your dad just kill me, they're so funny! Sounds like it was a great way for all of you to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete